Saturday, May 21, 2011

Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe

A Yes album in all, but the name. Unable to retain the Yes name, due to legal reasons pertaining Chris Squire's and Trevor Rabin's tenure with their own brand of Yes. ABWH features the "classic" Yes line up of Jon Anderson on the vocals, Bill Bruford on the drums, Rick Wakeman on the keyboards and Steve Howe on the guitar, along with King Crimson's Tony Levin on bass. It's a great album, much better than some of the later day Yes, but not as great as their '70's heyday stuff.

2 comments:

Brett said...

I know I am posting comments in a flury up here but you have some great posts. I have never owned this album, but I do have the video of the making of this album on VHS. There are some very cool songs on that album, maybe i should go get it.

drewzepmeister said...

The thing I liked the most about this album was the return of the classic Yes sound of the '70's. At the time of it's release, Chris Squire and Trevor Rabin were doing that that Big Generator stuff that I didn't care to much for. I'd say get this album...